Survival Sunday Special: Betto v Science

We are all at the end of another long hard season of Premier League football, it’s been yet another rollercoaster ride, with ups and downs, twists and turns, and it is by no means over as two teams out of a possible five will be relegated today. Tottenham and Liverpool are still battling it out for 5th place and a spot in the Europa League, so no results are a given today with so much to play for. Talking to Betto, he is happy with his season, more right than wrong and he will be walking away with money in his pocket. This week we have decide to put him to the test, not only will he be telling you his predictions, we will putting his reputation on the line and he will be up against the scientific predictions from kickoff.co.uk to see if Betto or Science will pick more winners. 4pm Kick off’s all round today, so still plenty of time to make those bets.

 

 

Aston Villa v Liverpool

A big match for Liverpool as they want to finish their season with a flurry and claim 5th spot and complete their comeback from a poor start to the season. Villa have had an indifferent campaign, currently sitting 13th in the league, Villa fans will not be really happy with this seasons performances, but will hope their team will finish well today in front of the Villa Park faithful.

Form guide:
Aston Villa: WDLDW
Liverpool: DWWWL

Injuries:
Aston Villa: Makoun
Liverpool: Jovanovic, Kelly, Agger, Gerrard

Betto: Draw

Kickoff: 50% chance Liverpool win, 26% chance a Villa win, 24% Draw

 

Bolton v Man City

Manchester City have had a great season, lifting the FA Cup, qualifying for next season Champions League and could finish level on points with Chelsea, with only goal difference keeping them in third if results go their way. Owen Coyle will look back on a satisfying campaign, Bolton have been a tough side to beat this year and could end up finishing as high as 8th if they win against Man City today. So all to play for with City flying and Bolton will want to finish strongly in front of their home fans.

Form guide:
Bolton: WLLLL
Man City: WWLWW

Injuries:
Bolton: Holden, Davis, Ricketts
Man City: Boateng

Betto: Man City win

Kickoff: Man City win 47%, Bolton win 25%, Draw 28%

 

Everton v Chelsea

Everton have had a great second half to the season and have forced their way up to 7th in the league, a point today will be good enough to keep them there. Chelsea will look back at a season without any silverware, they were in the title hunt until they lost to Man Utd at the start of May and are 6 points behind the champions today, with second place guaranteed. Pride to play for, let’s see what happens:

Form guide:
Everton: WLDWL
Chelsea: WWWLD

Injuries:
Everton: Saha, Fellaini
Chelsea: Bosingwa

Betto: Draw

Kickoff: Chelsea win 37% chance, Everton win 35% chance, draw 28%

 

Fulham v Arsenal

Arsenal will be desperate to win this match to give themselves a chance of finishing 3rd ahead of City, but it won’t be an easy match at Craven Cottage. Fulham have picked up their form coming in to the end of the season and have managed to avoid a relegation battle. Mark Hughes can take a lot of positives from their improved form, but Arsenal will want to finish as strongly as possible after some fans have become discontent with their results of late.

Form guide:
Fulham: DWWLW
Arsenal: DLWLL

Injuries:
Fulham: Duff, Kamara.
Arsenal: Fabregas, Fabianski.

Betto: Draw

Kickoff: Fulham to win 44%, Arsenal to win 28%, draw 28%

 

Manchester United v Blackpool

Champions Man United finish their season in front of the home faithful and will want to finish with a victory, however Fergie has already said he will look to field a weakened side. Blackpool desperately need a win if they want to stay in the Premier League and have every chance against a weakened United side. It’s pretty simple this one for Blackpool, if they don’t get at least a point their only chance of survival is goal difference if Birmingham lose at Spurs and Blackpool don’t concede too many.

Form guide:
Man Utd: DWLWD
Blackpool: LDDDW

Injuries:
Man Utd: Hargreaves.
Blackpool: Carney, Basham.

Betto: Draw

Kickoff: Manchester United win 86%, Blackpool win 2%, draw 12%

 

Newcastle v West Brom

Two sides that both occupy mid-table and are both safe from relegation. Newcastle have done well to survive their first season back in the Premier League, no one quite knew how they would fare, but they have done well. West Brom too have managed to survive and they will hope to finish on a high as they look forward to Premier League football again next year. Not much to play for here, but lets have a look at the betting:

Form guide:
Newcastle: DDLWD
Wigan: LDWLW

Injuries:
Newcastle: Nolan, Harper, Ben Arfa, Best, Ireland, Gosling, Perch, Guthrie, Williamson
West Brom: Dorrans, Ibanez

Betto: Draw

Kickoff: Newcastle to win 57%, West Brom to win 21%, Draw 22%

 

Stoke v Wigan

Stoke is not the easiest place to go when you have to win to stand any chance of staying in the Premier League, but Wigan will travel to the Britannia knowing they have been playing reasonably well of late. Stoke have had a good season, currently 9th in the league and a win could see them finish 8th if results go their way. Tony Pulis can be more than happy with this season, reaching the FA Cup final was the highlight and they will want to sign off with a win for the home fans.

Form guide:
Stoke: LDWDWL
Wigan: LWLDDW

Injuries:
Stoke: Fuller, Higginbotham, Sidibe
Wigan: Pollitt

Betto: Wigan win

Kickoff: Stoke to win 57%, Wigan to win 18%, Draw 25%

 

Spurs v Birmingham

Birmingham travel to the lane for a massive game today, they are only out of the drop zone on goal difference and will be conscious Blackpool and Wigan could easily overtake them and send them down if they don’t get something this afternoon. Spurs have had an up and down season, but still occupy 5th in the league, but with no Champions League football next year they will want to win today to ensure they play in European competition next year.

Form guide:
Tottenham: DLDLW
Birmingham: LLDLL

Injuries:
Tottenham: Gallas, Jenas, Bale, Huddlestone, Assou-Ekotto, Hutton, Woodgate, Palacios
Birmingham: Zigic, Taylor, Martins, McFadden, Dann, Hleb

Betto: Draw       

Kickoff: Spurs to win 69%, Birmingham to win 10%, Draw 21%

 

West Ham v Sunderland

With West Ham’s fate already certain, they go in to this game knowing they face life in the Championship next season. This fixture means little to Sunderland with their survival confirmed and they can look forward to a better campaign next season.

Form guide:
West Ham: LLLDL
Sunderland: LWLWL

Injuries:
West Ham: Gary O’Neil, Mark Noble, Junior Stanislas
Sunderland: Gyan, Welbeck, Campbell, Bramble, Gordon, Richardson, Meyler

Betto: West Ham Win

Kickoff: West Ham win 54%, Sunderland win 23%, Draw 23%

 

Wolves v Blackburn

A massive match for both clubs, as although both currently safe, there isn’t much in it and if results do go to plan either club can be relegated. Both teams need to go for this, in a match that is worth a lot of money to the clubs involved, the stakes couldn’t be higher.

Form guide:
Wolves: LDLDWW
Blackburn: DLLWDD

Injuries:
Wolves: Kightly, Edwards, Zubar
Blackburn: Samba, Hoilett

Betto: Wolves Win

Kickoff: Wolves win 46%, Blackburn win 27%, Draw 27%

This entry was posted in Betting. Bookmark the permalink.
Follow us now on Facebook and Twitter for exclusive content and rewards!


We want to hear what you have to say, but we don't want comments that are homophobic, racist, sexist, don't relate to the article, or are overly offensive. They're not nice.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>